- Recycled tin cans
- Bailing wire
- Spray paint
- Tea light candle
2. Fill cans with water and stick them in the freezer. Leave them in until the ice is solid. This helps the can hold its shape for the next steps.
3. Take your frozen can out of the freezer. Using a hammer and nail, pound a hole on the side near the top of the can. Flip the can over and make another hole straight across from the first hole. These will be used for the handles later on.
4. Cut a piece of paper the correct size to wrap around your tin. Draw your design on the paper and tape the paper around the tin.
5. Use the hammer and nail to start punching out the design in your can. Once your design is all finished, let the ice melt out of the can and dry it out.
6. Upon turning the can over, you’ll notice a big bulge in the bottom. This comes from freezing water in it. So, pound it down with a hammer so that it sits flat.
7. To make a handle, cut a 30cm strip of bailing wire and curve the end of it to form a hook. Stick the hook through one of the top side holes. Twist the hook around to secure it. Make a hook on the other end of the wire, stick it in the side hole on other side and twist it around.
8. Spray several coats of paint onto the can and handle, leaving to dry between coats.