- Coconuts halved (best done before Rally!)
- 2m twine
- Shower curtain ring or hook
- Awl or drill with small bit
Note: you can Google ‘open a cocount’ to find ways to do this!
- You can choose to remove some of the coconut meat if desired – but do leave some as many birds enjoy it.
- Drill 3 equally spaced holes around the rim of the coconut.
- Cut twine into 3 equal lengths. Thread one length of twine through one of the holes, bringing the ends together evenly. Repeat with the two other holes.
- Hold all the strings together and knot at the top. Make sure all the strings are the same length so the coconut will hang properly.
- Use a hook or shower curtain ring to suspend the bird feeder from a tree branch.
- Tell them to fill it with bird seed or food scraps.