- Needles, thread, scissors
- Fine ribbon/braid
- Cut out aprons to a suitable shape & size. (for junior girls - approx 56cm wide & 45cm deep)
- Cut a length of calico 8-9cm wide & 152cm long for the band.
- Leaders – hem the edges. Attach band to apron – fold under edges of band, then fold in half, pin together, attach to apron and then sew in place.
- Cut lengths of ribbon or braid and pin onto the apron in desired patterns. Looks best if they are long enough to fold under the edge.
- Sew ribbons, using needle & thread, and a running stitch.