- Card in different colours (black, white, brown, red, yellow etc)Scissors, glue, pencils
- Cotton buds
- Small containers of paint (red, yellow, orange, green, blue)
- The colours used are the colours of nature…
- Fold card in half.
- You may choose to glue another smaller sized paper/card on outside of card.
- Draw with pencil an outline of what your picture or pattern is to be.
- Using paint and cotton buds, dot colours over picture to colour it.
Aboriginal Body Art
- Cotton buds
- Calamine lotion
- Have members work in pairs.
- Dip cotton bud into calamine lotion and make patterns on arm, or back of hands. This just washes off in water.
- Make it a competition and judge the end results.
Hand Canvas Art
- Medium canvas’s or calico square
- Ball point pen
- Spray bottle with watery natural coloured paint inside
- (they used ochre & water)
- Bucket of water & flannel (for washing hands)
- Place hand on canvas and spray around it.
- Write your name inside hand space
- Next person place hand on and do same.
- Repeat till all spaces are filled with hands.
Human Snake Art
- Water based paint in green, red, yellow & blue
- Paintbrushes thick & fine size
- Choose a few Leaders (seniors can work in pairs to paint each others feet) who are good at art.
- Paint a wide strip across both feet in same colour.
- Using the other colours, paint circles, dots, lines or animals onto the base colour. Leave to dry.
- (choose 1 person to have snakes head & another the tail. Paint accordingly)
- Line members up with head first & tail at end. Every second person to sit, others to
- stand and that way the feet can be close together to form the snake as in photos.